Leveraging Technology at the Jennings County Sheriff's Office
Sheriff Kenny Freeman says "we use technology in order to establish a competitive advantage over criminals". "We are optimizing technology to ensure that we take the Sheriff's Office to the next level". "We are going to do more with less while increasing value with a shrinking amount of resources."
Below are just a few of the examples of "leveraging technology" at the Jennings County Sheriff's Office.
- FLEX police reporting/ CAD system to communicate and have more situational awareness ... etc.
- Toughbook laptop computers to run the new FLEX software which will allow more flexibility and better performance for deputies on calls.
- More efficient radios with increased wattage and better range adding to increased safety for all. Additionally, lower in cost than older radios currently in use.
- Pistol with electrical optics system to improve marksmanship and additional confidence.
- Speed trailer and new radar systems for vehicles.
- New AED's to be carried in patrol vehicles for faster response to heart patients.
- New canine light weight ballistic vests with state of the art design and material.
- New Sheriff's Office website (jenningssheriff.org)
These items were non-budgeted items and were procured through grants and other funding options.
Sheriff Kenny Freeman says "we will continue to seek out new technology and funding options to enhance the capabilities of the Jennings County Sheriff's Office which will make Jennings County a safer place for all".